Pinterest has an aspirational resource, it is a social channel exposing your products to potential customers as a visual discovery search engine, millions of monthly users go to for inspiration, especially fashion. As a clothing business owner, Pinterest is a channel you should never miss, especially with the holidays upon us. As people start searching for the perfect gift or party outfit, Pinterest can be an incredibly important social tool. As people come to Pinterest, discover new ideas, and seek fashion ideas, it’s the best time for you to attract them to make their next purchase.
If you aren’t using Pinterest to promote your business yet, it’s never late to consider getting your clothing business on this visual platform. This article will cover all the Pinterest marketing basics to develop it to be one of your major organic traffic generators for your clothing store in 2023.
Pinterest: The Underestimated Potential E-commerce Power
Pinterest is a remarkable potential for fashion businesses with a captivating platform to visually exhibit your products. Notably, fashion enthusiasts are a huge group that dominates this platform, making it an ideal avenue to drive substantial traffic to your online clothing store.
- Optimal Order Value
The average order value of sales using Pinterest is $50. Pinterest boasts the highest average order value among all social platforms, creating lucrative business opportunities.
- Discoverability Beyond Brands
Unlike other social platforms, Pinterest showcases a significant prevalence of unbranded searches, accounting for a remarkable 97%. This signifies that even if you operate without a recognizable brand, you will still find a welcoming audience on Pinterest.
- Seamless In-site Purchases
Furthermore, Pinterest’s buyable pins empower users to make instant purchases without navigating through the traditional awareness, decision, and purchase journey. By eliminating unnecessary steps, Pinterest streamlines the path to purchase, providing a seamless shopping experience for users.
4 Practicable Pinterest Strategies in 2023
Now that you’ve seen the potential of this amazing platform, here are some implementation tips on how to use Pinterest for marketing.
Make Your Pins Shoppable/buyable
Pinterest is like the ultimate shopping guru, where everyone goes to discover and buy fantastic products. It’s crazy, but almost 90% of pinners have confessed that they’ve made purchases because of Pinterest. And get this, a whopping 93% of people use Pinterest to plan their shopping sprees! That’s some serious retail therapy right there.
Now, here’s where it gets really exciting for you and your clothing store. With Pinterest, you can take advantage of the power of pins that lead directly to your product’s buy page. These special pins serve up all the juicy details that shoppers crave: the price, the description, and a super convenient “Buy Now” button.
To make pins shoppable, Pinterest has a whole array of pin ads that can make your pins even more enticing like “Idea Pins,” “Try on product Pins,” “Pinterest collection ads,” “Pinterest carousel ads,” and of course, the ever-popular “Promoted Pins.” These little wonders are designed to supercharge your pins and make them irresistible to potential customers.
Now, let’s say you’re just starting and don’t want to splurge on ads. No problem! You’ve got a bonus format that won’t cost you a penny – Rich Pins! These pins automatically sync information from your website, making them a game-changer for savvy marketers like you. You can spot a Rich Pin by the extra info displayed above and below the image when you click on it. And here’s the best part: if something changes on your site, the Rich Pin magically updates itself to reflect that change. Anyone can hop on the Rich Pins bandwagon, but before you do, make sure to add a bit of code to your website. It’s a small price to pay for the big benefits you’ll reap.
Optimize Profile and Pins for Pinterest SEO
Similar to Google, Pinterest also functions as a search engine. To enhance the visibility of your content, known as pins, in search results, it is essential to implement Pinterest SEO strategies. Ensure that your business’s pins are easily discoverable through search by incorporating relevant keywords in pin descriptions, boards, and hashtags.
To optimize your Pinterest SEO effectively, consider implementing the following tips:
- Use a business account to access features like Pinterest Analytics
- Optimize your public profile by providing detailed information.
- Claim your website to enhance your site’s domain quality.
- Gain insights into current trends and interests of Pinners.
- Create Rich Pins to improve your domain quality score.
- Develop relevant and discoverable boards to enhance pin quality and topic relevance.
- Utilize horizontal formats for photos and videos, ensuring high-resolution and appropriate sizing.
- Create video content to align with the algorithm’s prioritization.
- Post during peak times to get more eyes on your Pin.
Engage and Collaborate with Pinners
While Pinterest serves as a visual search engine and bookmarking tool, it’s crucial to acknowledge its social network aspect.
You can foster an online community on Pinterest for your clothing business, consider implementing the following strategies:
- Explore popular boards: Take note of the Pins shared by renowned fashion retailers’ popular boards and observe the level of engagement they receive.
- Engage with popular boards: Leave comments on the Pins of influential boards to establish rapport with the board owners and enhance brand visibility.
- Follow fashion industry accounts: Seek out and follow accounts in the fashion industry that show interest in the type of content you share.
- Comment on followers’ Pins: Interact with your followers by commenting on their Pins. This not only helps build relationships but also attracts their followers to explore your page.
- Personalized responses: Respond to your followers’ comments and messages with personalized and tailored replies, showcasing your attentiveness.
- Leverage followers and influencers: Request accessible and relevant followers and influencers to re-pin your content, enabling it to reach their own followers.
- Foster engagement with incentives: Organize giveaways, provide discount codes, offer coupons, and share product updates to encourage interaction with your brand.
Pin Captivating Contents in Clear Board Organization
When it comes to Pinterest, capturing the attention of fashion-forward users and showcasing your products is key. With over a billion pins floating around, leveraging keywords becomes crucial to make your pins stand out from the crowd. To ensure your content shines, it’s important to organize it into specific boards. By creating themed boards, you can gather all your captivating content into organized collections, making it a breeze for customers to find exactly what they’re looking for. So, when a pinner has their heart set on a particular dress, they’ll know exactly where to head.
To post engaging pins, consider these:
- Vertical Imagery: Over 82% of users browse Pinterest on their mobile devices. To avoid ending up with awkwardly cropped images, aim for a 2:3 aspect ratio.
- Image and Video Quality: Don’t settle for anything less than top-notch quality when it comes to your visuals. Make sure you adhere to Pinterest’s recommendations and provide the highest quality media possible.
- Descriptive Copy: A well-crafted description can work wonders for your pins. It not only enhances your SEO efforts but also adds context to your images, enticing users to click on your links.
- Text Overlay: Consider incorporating a headline or a catchy phrase that reinforces your visual message. This adds an extra layer of intrigue to your pins and helps them stand out in the vast sea of content on Pinterest.
- Functional Links: Broken links are a big no-no! Double-check that all the links attached to your pins are in good working order. Ensure that the linked content loads swiftly, providing Pinners with the best possible user experience.
Remember: Pinterest is a treasure trove of inspiration for fashion enthusiasts, which means more exposure for your fashion products. And it’s a visual search engine, so organizing your compelling content into carefully curated boards and taking Pinterest SEO actions is necessary.
In addition to driving purchase behavior, it is also the social platform where content has the longest shelf life to get your brand in front of your target audience for more reach. The network isn’t immediately as competitive as Instagram or Facebook, but you can start showcasing your apparel business now and dive into the market like never before.
If you are looking for a reliable clothing supplier to support your fashion business promotion on Pinterest, KakaClo is backing your up with various trendy clothing resources, products come with fine models and product images for you to create amazing marketing materials.
KakaClo is an online apparel marketplace providing flexible supply chain solutions including wholesale, dropshipping, and customization services.
Sign up and get KakaClo’s backup today!
Q: How can I measure the success of my Pinterest marketing efforts for my clothing business?
A: Pinterest offers robust analytics tools that provide insights into the performance of your Pinterest profile, boards, and Pins. You can track metrics such as impressions, engagement, clicks, and conversions to assess the effectiveness of your marketing strategies.
Q: Can I collaborate with influencers on Pinterest to promote my clothing business?
A: Yes, collaborating with influencers is an excellent way to expand your reach and tap into their engaged audience. Identify influencers whose style aligns with your brand and collaborate on sponsored content or collaborations. Their endorsement can significantly boost brand awareness and drive traffic to your Pinterest profile.
Q: How often should I post on Pinterest to maintain engagement?
A: Consistency is key when it comes to Pinterest marketing. Aim to post fresh and engaging content on a regular basis. Consider creating a content calendar to plan your Pins in advance and maintain a consistent posting schedule. However, quality should always take precedence over quantity.
Q: Are there any best practices for writing Pin descriptions?
A: When writing Pin descriptions, make sure to include relevant keywords and descriptive phrases. Keep the descriptions concise and engaging, providing enough information to entice users to click through to your website. You can also consider using hashtags strategically to increase the discoverability of your Pins.
Q: Should I repin content from other users on Pinterest?
A: Yes, repinning content from other users can help diversify your Pinterest feed and provide a wider range of inspiration for your audience. It also encourages engagement and collaboration within the Pinterest community. Just make sure to credit the original source and focus on repinning high-quality and relevant content.
Q: How can I leverage Pinterest to boost sales for my clothing business?
A: In addition to showcasing your products, you can leverage Pinterest to offer exclusive promotions, discounts, and limited-time offers. Create boards specifically dedicated to sales and promotions, and make sure to promote them across your other marketing channels to maximize their impact.